Hello to everyone waiting for the Third Coast Writing Project 2017 to begin.  My name is Nancy Gaines, and I teaching at Otsego High School.  My recent teaching assignments have been AP Literature and Composition, American Literature (our 11th grade offering), and English 2 (our 10th grade offering).  Our English department is looking to more fully implement the Reading and Writing Workshop model, so my main interest in this group is focusing more on examining how my personal writing can help my students achieve success in their writing.

Our district is heavily entrenched in the Professional Learning Community model, and I serve on the K12 Vertical English team, the Student Services committee, and the School Leadership Team.  Our school is participating in the Allegan AESA initiative for RtI, and I would like to explore how to incorporate writing into our intervention plans.

In off hours, I'm an avid reader and cook, and reader of cookbooks.  I'm obsessed with the latest recipes to try.  My latest cookbook purchase is focused on the cuisine of the Mediterranean region - Yum!

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and sharing the honing of our craft - both teaching in general and writing in particular.  See everyone next week!

Comments

  1. Hi Nancy! What's the focus of your English 2 class - a particular type of literature, or more of a survey? I teach British Literature and it's not entirely my thing, so I'd love to talk to someone who's more passionate about it than I am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Brianna. Otsego's English 2 class is a thematic course, so we draw from both American and British sources. A lot of my AP Literature class is British focused as we don't really have a Brit Lit class that has run for years. I look forward to chatting with you.

      Delete
  2. Good stuff Nancy! We have been doing PLCs at Paw Paw since 2005 and have been to Adlai Stevenson around ten times. I cooked for a good many years and love writing about food and reading cook books, too. I look forward to our time together!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Post?

Hi